Saturday, December 19, 2009

It is snowing in New Jersey, and people are acting like the world is about to end. How can there be so little preparation for snow in this state?

So it looks like my stint in New Jersey is coming to an end. Major budget cuts reduced my salary by 75%, which translates to me heading back to Maine and getting a job working for health care, a debate which I have been sorely absent from. I have no idea what's happening there because I've been living marriage equality all day every day for nigh on ten months now. I'm a little intimidated, to be honest. There's so much work that has gone into creating this goddamned bill that now... well who knows.

I feel really bad about it too. Like I'm deserting the people of New Jersey. Like I'm dropping marriage equality as the most important thing to me right now.

I've been working on an open letter to New Jersey, and will post it soon. Kind of a dry run for future open letters. Not that anyone will read it, but at least it's out there. And maybe a bio. Not that anyone would care all that much.


1 comment:

  1. Your bio doesn't say much but I admire and have to support anyone who works for marriage equality. It was people like you who allowed me to fulfill one of my dreams by marrying my husband in August 2008 here in California after we had been together for 17 years. Looks like I'll also be your first! (follower, I mean ;-)

    ReplyDelete