Friday, April 16, 2010

So, taking a vast departure from my last post, I have this thought.

On hulu, there's a car commercial with two different lines that just... I just don't think they should be in a commercial. One is "thanks to all the 5,000 tests that..." something about making it a safe car. To which I thought, isn't that just like saying "thanks, me! I did a great job!" which I understand is the point of a commercial, to sell your product, but it was just... eugh. And then they say that JD Power and Associates ranked them first in initial quality. Initial quality. So you know it's worth a lot initially but that shit depreciates fast.

This is also the post where, apparently, I have rediscovered html?

And tomorrow is the Day of Silence. Juxtaposed with the Day of Truth. Both are equally effective in bringing attention to an issue that is being ignored. Each in their different way... one is trying to confront it and solve it, one is trying to hide it and pretend like nothing is wrong, and that it's completely okay for LGBTQ youth to be bullied. That it's okay for teachers and administrators to allow this, to let kids beat up on other kids, to let them taunt them because they're different, and to actively say that there is something wrong and perverse with a kid. It's just disgusting.

1 comment:

  1. I support the Day of Silence, but that other "day" is just the right wing's attack on a successful campaign to bring attention to the problem of the enforced silence of so many gays and lesbians.

    I wanted to respond to your post from Wednesday as well. I am sorry to hear that you're upset and down about so much in your life now. I thought that you liked and had a passion for your job and what you do, so I was surprised by your post. I don't know how to help other than by offering my support. You can email me if you want to talk offline.

    ReplyDelete