Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chapter Two: The Revenge (or something...)

I was fired today.

I no longer have a source of income, I no longer have health insurance, I will likely have an odd break in my resume, and I have nothing to fill my time from when I wake up until when I go to bed.

I'm a little numb right now. But... numb on the side of happy. I feel relieved. I feel like a person's fate is no longer in my hands. I just... I'm relieved.

I'm sure this feeling will evaporate later, but I really don't care. Because at least I feel something.

I've spent the last... month? Two months? Who knows... just not caring. I honestly thought I might have been coming down with depression with all that not caring I've been doing. I wouldn't say I'm particularly enthused, but I'm not panicked, or sad, or angry (or surprised, really).

And I don't know what this will do for my political career in the state, but at this point, I'm not as concerned.

I feel tingly all over.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you were fired, but you don't seem upset about it. This might be a chance to do what you really want to do. I hope that it works out well.

    ReplyDelete